Monday 11th January
Enjoy listening to the story of the Grumpy Monkey and how his friends try to help him.
Answer the questions below.
1. Is the story Fiction or Non Fiction?
Who is the Author?
What did Max Lang do in the book?
2. What does the word 'grumpy' mean?
A. sad C. bad tempered
B. happy D. funny
3. Can you sequence the order of the animals that Jim met on his walk?
(you can use Time Connectives if you wish...First, Second, Then, Next etc...)
4. Jim was happy at the end of the story. True or False?
Thursday 7th January 2021
Enjoy watching the story about the cat and can you answer the questions after?
1. What is the name of the cat?
2. Which adjectives were used to describe the Black Cat?
3. What jobs did Tabby do in her new home?
Can you write them in a list using commas?
4. Using a dictionary...Can you find what the word 'busker' means?
Wednesday, 9th December
Here's a link to a lovely story about a little mouse looking for the perfect decoration for his tree, when the sky started to fall apart......
Tuesday, 8th December
Here is a story called 'How to Trick a Christmas Elf'. Enjoy listening to it.
Monday 7th December
Below is a link to an adventure story on Oxford Owls. This is a free website. You must enter an email address and set up a password - but the is no cost.
Your child can listen to the story if it is too challenging for them, but encourage them to try reading it before they click to listen to it.
Sparks in the Sky
Read this book about Bo and what she does with her family on Bonfire night.
Jack and the FlumFlum tree by Julia Donaldson. 14th October
Sorry about the picture quality I will try and make this better tomorrow.